Private Napoleon in Paris Walking Tour
Follow us in our Napoleon Tour in Paris. Discover the favorite district of the lieutenant Bonaparte and how later on the young general open is way to the power in Paris. Figure out the plans of the Emperor Napoleon to make of Paris a capital which suits his new built Europe! Enjoy an extensive 3 hours really private tour in the footsteps of Napoleon to discover Paris under Napoleon with a passionate postgraduate fully licensed tour guide.
Napoleon in Paris Private Tour Essentials
- Guided tour in English
- Really private 3-hour tour
- +/- 6.5 km distance covered
- A group of maximum 6 people exclusively yours (your party only)
- Flexible schedule
- From 150 € for 1 to 2 people, 190 € for 3 etc.
- Postgraduate (MPhil) local licensed guide lecturer
KNOW MORE / BOOK
What’s in the tour?
Paris Dreamed City of Napoleon
Diplomaty Politics & Military Glory
Napoleon Life in Paris
The Arts under Napoleon
Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel
Place des Victoires
Iconic Covered Passages
Senic Views from River Seine Bridges
Pont des Arts
Pont Alexandre III
Why a Napoleon Tour in Paris?
Because Paris is definitely the place where Napoleon let his most important marks. There are a lot of ways to follow in the footsteps of Napoleon In Paris as for example:
- tracing the young officer during the French Revolution,
- searching the remaining symbols of his military glory,
- following the protector of the Arts and Sciences,
but before all, we will discover the dream of an emperor to make of Paris the capital city of its new-built Europe.
Napoleon in Paris Private Tour Spirit
Tour main idea is to optimize your time with your guide.
This tour then is an optimized route to discover, walking, the Paris of Napoleon.
So at the opposite to other Napoleon tours we do not include in our standard tour places that you can easily visit without a guide (as Invalide for example).
The tour normaly ends in front of the Invalides so you can easily visit Napoleon Tomb (if open) right after the tour.
We can also for sure organize more extensive Napoleon tours adding extensions to our route y/or visit of museums. .
Your Private Tour Guide in Paris
Certified French national guide
BA, Magna Cum Laude, Heritage Developpement & Preservation from Conservatoire des Arts et Métiers
Postgraduate from Paris Dauphine-PSL University
We Definitely believe that our Napoleon Private tour
Is the most efficIent way to discover the Paris of Napoleon!
Napoleon Tour Content
The Young Officer Bonaparte in Paris
- His adventures in the Palais Royal
- The hotels where Bonaparte stays in 1787 and 1792 (evocation)
- Bonaparte witness the fall of monarchy on the 10th of August 1792
- Where was the assembly where the king and his family take refuge
Bonaparte an Ambitious General in Paris
- The man of Barras
- Battle of 13 Vendémiaire (5 October 1795): Saint-Roch Church
Napoleon Bonaparte and Joséphine
- The first husband of Joséphine the grandfather of Napoleon III
- Barras present future Empress Joséphine to Bonaparte
- Place of the marriage of Napoléon and Joséphine
Symbols of Napoleon Military Glory and Army
- Colonne vendôme
- Desaix monument (evocation)
- Arc de Triomphe (Triumphal Arch)
- Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel
- La Madeleine church (a temple to the Grande Armée)
Napoleon and the Economy
- The Palais Brongniart (Paris stock exchange)
- The “Banque de France” created by First Consul Bonaparte (January 18 1800)
- The “Cour des Comptes” (the State finance auditing agency) a disappeared building which was located where now is Musée d’Orsay
Napoleon and the Arts
- Legendary “Musée des Monuments Français” (evocation)
- Palais des Beaux-Arts ( Fine Arts Palace, nowadays the institute)
- The Pont des Arts (Arts Bridge), first metallic structure in Paris
- The “Muséum Central des Arts” becomes the “Musée Napoléon” nowadays Le Louvre Museum.
Mansions of Napoleon Family and Empire Dignitaries
The Hôtel Particuliers (mansions) where were staying Laetizia Bonaparte (Napoleon’s mother), Lucien or Jérôme Bonaparte (Napoleon’s younger brothers), Eugène de Beauharnais (son of Empress Joséphine), Marshals Ney, Lannes, Davout, Mortier, etc.
- Joseph Fouché: the unavoidable Minister of Police.
- François Vidocq: founder of the crime-detection department “Sûreté“, he inspired Victor Hugo for his main character Jean Valjean in Les Misérables.
Napoleon and the USA
- Louisiana purchase: deal history, place where was signed the treaty
- The Bonaparte in America
Napoleon and its Diplomacy
- Hôtel de la Vrillière in which was living Napoleon famous minister of foreign affairs Charles-Maurice de Talleyrand-Périgord.
Architectural Style of Napoleon in Paris
- The Empire Style an ostentatious form of Neoclassicism
- Napoleon’s architects Percier and Fountaine
Paris the Dreamed City of Napoleon
Napoleon transformed the old still mainly medieval Paris in one of the most enlightened cities in Europe. His work is huge: Inforcing streets numbering, finishing the Louvre palace, creating the rue de Rivoli and a new district for Paris, creating markets, fountains, quays, sidewalks, sewers, etc. The ambition of Napoleon for Paris, a city he wanted to convert in the capital of Europe, was without limit.
And Much More about Napoleon in Paris
- The communications in the great Empire
- Former palace of Tuileries (evocation)
- The Egyptian Expedition,
- The former Café de Chartres where used to come Bonaparte and most of the figures of the French Révolution. The former shop of the hat provider of Napoleon etc.
Prepare your Napoleon Guided Tour
Few Milestones of the Napoleon Epic
- August 15, 1769, birth of Napoleon in Ajaccio
- October 17, 1797, after his victorious campaign in Italy General Bonaparte signed the treaty of Campo Formio with Austria.
- November 9, 1799 (“18th Brumaire”): coup d’état Napoleon became First Consul of the French Republic .
- December 2, 1804: Napoleon became Emperor of the French
- December 2, 1805: Battle of Austerlitz
- June 14, 1807, Battle of Friedland
- June 18, 1815: Battle of Waterloo
- May 5, 1821: Napoleon died at Saint Helena
- December 15, 1840 Napoleon reburial in Invalid
Napoleon Tour Historical Figures
- Lucien Bonaparte, as president of the Council of Five Hundred this brother of Napoleon was part of the Coup of 18 Brumaire.
- General Desaix, hero of the decisive battle of Marengo
- Hortense and Eugène de Beauharnais (children of Empress Joséphine)
- Marshal Lannes, Napoleon’s comrade in arms
- Marshal Ney, nicknamed the bravest of the bravest by Napoleon
- Marshal Davout, a military legend; the only Napoleon’s Marshal undefeated in battle
- Marshal Mortier, many time in command of the Imperial Guard
- Jérome Bonaparte King of Westphalia, Napoleon’s youngest brother was still active during the Second French Empire of Napoleon III.
Possible Tour Extensions in Other Napoleon SiteS in Paris
Predesigned Napoleon in Paris Full Day Tour
The route of the 3-hour Napoleon private tour in Paris has been designed to concentrate a maximum of Napoleon-related places.
But the tour as also been designed to easily authorise extensions. Extensions of the route as museum visite. Following this principle we have designed a Napoleon in Paris full day tour with :
The 3-hours Napoleon in Paris Tour + A Napoleon Oriented Louvre Tour + A Pont-des-arts & rue Bonaparte Walk + the Napoleon Tomb in the Invalides.
On Demand Extended Napoleon in Paris Guided Tour
The way we have extented our Napoleon 3-hour tour to create our Napoleon full day tour is far to be the only one, There are many possibilities, extensions of the route can be made in all directions.
- WEST: Palais de l’Elysée former palace of Murat & Caroline Bonaparte in which Napoleon spent his last days in Paris after Waterloo.
- NORTH: Rue de la Victoire where was the only house Napoleon own as a private citizen, his residence till 1799. Passage des Panoramas etc.,
- EAST: Notre-Dame, the place of Napoleon coronation.
- SOUTH-WEST: Ecole Militaire where young Bonaparte got the privilege to be a student,
- SOUTH: Palais du Petit Luxembourg, the residence of the First Consul, rue Bonaparte, still existing shop of the chocolate provider of Napoleon and the last French kings, place where Marshall Ney was shooted etc.
Theses extensions can also be visits of monuments and museums:
- At Le Louvre Museum: the great collection of master pieces painted by First Empire artists as famous as Jacques-Louis David, Antoine-Jean Gros or François Gérard.
- Légion d’Honneur Museum: founded by Napoleon the highest French order has is own museum in hôtel de Salm.
- Les Invalides: Napoleon Tomb.
- Les invalides: Musée de l’Armée with plenty of Napoleon-related objets from uniforms to marshals’ batons.
- Panthéon: Tombs of many Napoleonic period dignitaries (as for example Marshal Lannes).
Contact us if you need a customized extend tour
Other Napoleon Sites in Paris Area
Malmaison: The house of Empress Joséphine and Napoleon.
Château de Rambouillet: Napoleon spent there from 29 to 30 June of 1815 his last night in the Paris area before leaving to meet his final fate.
Château de Compiègne where Napoléon Received and first meet Archduchess Marie Louise of Austria the future empress.
Château de Fontainebleau where Napoleon leaved his soldiers before departing for his first exile on the island of Elba.
Parc de Saint-Cloud: The château de Saint Cloud (destroyed) was the residence of Bonaparte when he was First Consul of the French Republic.
Grand Trianon (Versailles) was fully refurnished by Napoleon who stayed there in various occasions. Most of the rooms are still furnished in the Empire Style.
Château de Maisons-Laffitte former property of Marshal Lannes.
Reuil Malmaison, Saint-Pierre-Saint-Paul church: Tomb of Empress Joséphine.
Saint-Leu-la-Forêt, Saint-Leu-Saint-Gilles church: Tomb of Louis Bonaparte (Napoleon’s brother, king of Holland).
Napoleon OUTSIDE of Paris Area
Château d’Orléans-la-Source : Napoleon never went there, but at only +/- 120 km of Paris the place is fascinating for a real fan of the First Empire. It is where Marshal Davout gave the soubmision of the rest of Napoleon forces (standing along the Loire River) after Waterloo. It was the 14th of July of 1815, the final end of the Grande Armée. Next morning at first light Napoleon embarked on board the Bellerophon and made himself prisoner of the English. The Château can’t be visited but we propose a tour of the park of the château one of France most beautiful gardens ( 35 hectares).
Napoleon in Paris Guided Tour Reviews
Excellent Private Tour on the Life and Times of Napoleon Bonaparte
We had a terrific tour of the many sites in Paris related to the life and times of Napoleon Bonaparte by our tour guide Yves. He was knowledgeable, friendly, and really tailored the tour to our interest. Being that we are from the US, he also pointed out many sites related to early American events such as visits by Ben Franklin and places such as the signing of the Louisiana Purchase and armistice between the US and Great Britain. The tour was packed with information and be prepared to see a lot of sites. The highlight for us was the visit to Les Invalides where Napoleon is buried.
Things to know before Booking
Next to the exit of metro station “Grands Boulevards” in the 2nd arrondissement (district) of Paris.
Access: Metro station “Grands Boulevards”, line 8 or line 9.
Napoleon in Paris Private Tour Attention Points
- Tour is on foot covering +/- 6.5 km so good health and comfortable shoes are highly recommended.
- Prices do not include transportation, food, drinks or any other extra services.
- We don’t enter in monuments or museum, we don’t enter in Invalides, but tour normaly end in front of it.
- Some monuments can be presented from far: example Arc de Triomphe.
- Tour duration, distance covered & content are purely indicative, they may vary due to contingencies.
Book your Napoleon in Paris Private Tour
Choose below your tour: You will then be asked : -> choose the number of people, date & hours of visit -> after our validation-> pay on line.
Private Tour Napoleon in ParisExtended tour (3 hours)
For 1 to 2 people + 40 € for any extra person
A group of maximum 6 people exclusively yours