French Painting Louvre Private Tour:
The 17h century the link between Renaissance and the century of Light is primordial milestone in French painting. The century in which French Classicism and Academicism found their roots. A key moment in arts to discover with our licensed guide lecturer thanks to our le Louvre 17th-century French painting private guided tour.
Louvre 17th century French Painting private tour essentials
- Guided tour in English
- From 90 € for 1 to 2 people, 115 € for 3 etc.
- Really private 2-hour tour
- A group of maximum 6 people exclusively yours (your party only)
- Morning, lunchtime, afternoon & evening tours
- M.Phil.-level local licensed guide lecturer
Why a Louvre French Painting Tour?
Because if the Louvre is world famous to house the Mona Lisa it is also the biggest Museum in the world owning very logically a huge collection of French Paintings. So the Louvre is obviously the best place to learn about French Paintings.
More, as French paintings rooms are not part of the Louvre classical touristic route, you will also probably discover and appreciate another Louvre:
more quiet and not so crowed.
Why the 17th Century French Painting?
Because the 17th century is the century of the French, French call it “Le Grand Siècle” (the great century). This century is the century of Louis XIV, the Sun-king, the one of Versailles.
If during this period France was politically, militarily and economically the dominant power in Europe its influence on art also grows considerably.
At mid 17th century was created the Royal Academy of Painting and Sculpture, an institution which had a considerable influence on French Art (and, moreover, in arts) till its end during the French Revolution.
Don’t miss the opportunity to follow our Le louvre 17th century French painting private TOUR
To discover this strategic period in arts!
Organization of the Tour
The tour is organized to develop two parallel approaches:
- art notions and history,
following (as much as possible) a chronological coherency.
Art Notions and History
- Parisian Atticism
- History painting
- Genre painting
- Still life
Arguing About what is Painting
- Poussin versus Rubens
- Drawing versus color
Louvre Iconic 17th-Century French Painters
The leader of the French Classism.
The leader of the French Baroque .
Learn why his still lives are master pieces.
George de La Tour
The French master of Chiaroscuro.
Claude Gellée Called le Lorrain
Light and landscape.
Le Nain Brothers
Famous for their genre painting with peasants in their home.
The Founders of the Royal Academy of Painting and Sculpture
- Charles Le Brun
- Philippe de Champaigne
- Laurent de la Hyre
- Sébastien Bourdon
- Louis Boullogne
- Eustache Le Sueur etc.
Other Louvre French Paintings Private Tours
This 17th-century French painting tour is part of a series of four “Le Louvre French Painting Tours” covering the subjet from middle Age to the first half of 19th century. So do not hesitate to contact us if you want to follow the full cycle. Knowing that our Musée d’Orsay tour covering the period from 1850 to 1914 is somehow the fifth part of the cycle.
Things to know before Booking
Your Private Licensed Guide in Paris
- State-graduate licensed guide lecturer
- Bachelor with honors in Heritage Developpement & Preservation by Conservatoire des Arts et Métiers
- Postgraduate from Paris-Dauphine University
- Member of Paris Historique Association
Louvre 17th-Century French Painting Highlights
- Really private 2-hour tour for you and your party only.
- A comprehensive introduction to 17th-century French painting
- The opportunity to ask your dedicated guide any related questions.
Inside the museum
Access: Line 1 station Palais Royal
Louvre 17th-Century French Painting Private Tour Attention Points
- Tour is on foot.
- Prices do not include transportation, food, drinks or any other extra services.
- Museum tickets: are not included in the price – meeting point is inside the Museum
- Tour duration & content are purely indicative, they may vary due to contingencies.
BoOk your Louvre Private Tour
Choose below your tour: You will then be asked : -> choose the number of people, date & hours of visit -> after our validation-> pay on line.
Choose below your tour
You will then be asked :
- choose number of people, date & hour of visit
- after our validation
- pay on line
Le Louvre 17th-Century French Painting Private tourExtended tour (2 hours)
For 1 to 2 people + 25 € for any extra person
A group of maximum 6 people exclusively yours
Ticket not included
Meeting Point inside the Museum